Expertise in manufacturing, materials and biomedicalFollow @UHBusiness
Subject group leader: Dr Les Mitchell
Expertise in the Manufacturing, Materials and Biomedical Group include:
- biomedical devices.
- industrially sponsored materials research.
- Manufacturing and Quality Systems Reliability Engineering.
- microstructural and failure analysis.
- Materials processing and materials joining processes.
- materials recycling.
- natural fibre composites research.
- operations management.
- project management.
- Composites – Lay-up, cutting and curing (large autoclave with AIC controller)
- Materials analysis – DSC, DMA, Electron Probe analysis, E-Dax
- Materials testing – tension, compression, torsion, impact, fatigue
- Microscopy – Optical, Scanning Electron, Atomic force, Mounting and polishing
A local company, Bilt Hamber Laboratories, who develop and sell a number of corrosion protection products wanted some independent testing undertaken on various wax coatings.
The company supplied 6 different competitor wax coating products, including one of their own products to undergo an accelerated corrosion test (based on ASTM B117-03).
The material testing lab, which is equipped with a salt spray chamber, was used to undertake a full investigation of the performances of these products.
The results qualified and ranked the performance of the products.
If your organisation require assistance with specific problems then get in touch.
We are here to help your business
Call +44 (0)1707 286406 to find out how our Enterprise and Business Development team can help your business or fill in our online enquiry form.