Women in engineering undergraduate scholarships
The Women in Engineering (WIE) undergraduate scholarships are funded by the School of Engineering and Technology as part of our commitment to increasing the representation of female students studying engineering and technology related subjects. The scholarships are designed to offer financial support to outstanding and hard-working candidates in their first year of study at undergraduate level.
Am I eligible for the scholarship?
To be eligible to apply for the WIE scholarship, applicants must:
- achieve a minimum of 112 UCAS Points (BBC at A level or equivalent).
- select University of Hertfordshire as your first choice for an Engineering and Technology degree on UCAS by the 2 May 2018.
- complete a WIE scholarship application form.
How much is the WIE scholarship?
The school of engineering and technology will be offering WIE cash scholarships worth £2,000 each to applicants who show academic merit. The cash scholarships we are offering can either go towards your tuition fees or they can be used for other fees and expenses related to your studies.
How do I apply for the scholarship?
Firstly, you will need to ensure that you meet the criteria mentioned above. You will need to complete and submit a WIE application form which you can downloaded on this page. Your application form should answer the following questions and be no longer than 4,000 characters:
- Why do you want to study engineering and technology at the University of Hertfordshire?
- Explain why you think encouraging more women into engineering and technology is important.
- Why should you be awarded a Women in Engineering scholarship?
- How would you work with the school of Engineering and Technology to further promote and encourage more women into studying engineering and technology.
The deadline for submitting your application is 29 June 2018.
Once successful candidates have been identified and announced, you will be contacted with further details about how and when you will receive the scholarship.
Request a prospectus