The new Smart Systems laboratory at the University of Hertfordshire offers cutting-edge facilities for both students studying within the School of Engineering and Technology and companies wanting to benefit from collaborative research.
The Smart Systems laboratory provides an interactive environment and a fully equipped laboratory, which includes:
- audio and gesture recognition technology
- multi-touch interfaces
- smart devices
- smart phones and tables
- sensors and actuators
- private and cloud based service aggregation platforms
Our rapid development laboratory can offer a range of technologies from embedded systems to surface computing and cloud-based solutions with thematic projects on:
- InterHome (Home/Building automation and controls)
- InterLiving (Assisted Living technologies)
- InterVehicle (Vehicle communications)
Working with you
Our progressive approach has attracted sponsorship and support from companies including Samsung, Microsoft, Gemalto, Mitsubishi, ARM, RS Components, Paragon Internet Group (TSOHOST) and Building Research Establishment.
Contact us for to find out more about opportunities for collaborative research.