Information systems and project management
Our academics ensure that technology, people and processes identification, and understanding meet businesses needs and requirements.
The team has a range of teaching expertise including:
- Agile Project Management
- Agile Software Development
- Business Intelligence Information
- Business Process Management
- Communication Technologies
- Efficiency and Performance Management
- Knowledge Management
- Programme and Project Management
- Project Risk Management
- Strategic Information Systems
- Systems Design and Development
The Information Systems and Project Management team lecture on the specialist Masters' programmes, Undergraduate Information Systems and Project Management pathways and general Project Management modules.
- Information Technology Management for Business, ITMB (BSc)
- Information Systems as part of Business School Joint Honours
IS&PM Group research activities
Every subject group in Hertfordshire Business School (HBS) is affiliated with a research unit. IS and PM subject group's research is affiliated with and conducted in the Systems Management Research Unit (SYMRU) .
The unit participates and organises speakers from the IS and PM subjects to be included in the weekly research seminar programme established within the school. The unit also includes experienced research scholars who can provide doctoral students supervision.
The subject group's research interests encompass:
- application, integration and evaluation of ICT and e-learning.
- application of agile project management methodology in a non-agile environment.
- business process modelling.
- effectiveness of project management methodologies in successful delivery of projects.
- empirical studies in agile system development/agile project management.
- frameworks for assessing political support (domestic and international).
- innovative technologies such as, broadband, mobile devices, online social networks adoption, diffusion and use, conducted from the social and organisational perspectives.
- knowledge management in projects.
- policies for diffusing e-government.
- procurement (bid criteria and evaluation, process and team structures).
- social, business, and political aspects of ICT.
- sources of finance and contractual models for delivering public sector investment (PPI/PFI).
- teaching and learning in IS and project management.
- usability aspects of internet related technologies.
- WEB 2.0 applications in business and education.
Take a look around
Take a look around our facilities and campuses
We have a large active global alumni community at HBS.
IT Management for Business
Find out more about the IT Management for Business (ITMB) programme.
Find out more about the Project Management programme.