If you can't make it to one of our scheduled open day events, why not take a self-guided tour around our campus at a time of your choice.
Just print out the map for your walk and follow the highlighted route.
1. The Street - The Street is a covered walkway linking all academic buildings and the Learning Resources Centre (LRC) together, leading to the Atrium.
2. Halls - On the de Havilland site there are 11 halls which accommodate 1,600 rooms. 22 rooms are fully equipped for disabled use. Each room has its own en-suite shower, fridge and broadband internet connection all included in the price. Kitchen facilities are shared by 8 to 12 students and fridge-freezers, microwaves and ovens are provided. All accommodation is self-catering.
3. Weston Auditorium - The Weston Auditorium is a 440 seat venue which is the home of UHArts, the University's arts organisation, which delivers theatre, music, dance and comedy to students and the local community. Find out more about forthcoming UHArts events.
4. Restaurant de Havilland - The restaurant is open 08:30 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday, 08:30 – 15:30 Friday and serves a range of hot and cold food.
5. Sports Village - The Hertfordshire Sports Village offers some of the best University based sporting and fitness facilities in the country. It contains a 12 badminton court multi-use sports hall, a 25 metre, 8-lane swimming pool, a 400m2 metre climbing wall, a 4-net purpose-built indoor cricket hall and "Vision", the 100 station health and fitness centre. (See '9' for outside facilities).
6. Atrium - From the Atrium you can see the entrance to the Weston Auditorium and also access the academic buildings. The rear 3 blocks. The left block (M) is the Business School and the right block (R) contains the Schools of Humanities, Law and Education. Between them the (N) block contains lecture theatres holding up to 240 students and smaller seminar rooms.
7. Learning Resources Centre - The de Havilland LRC is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and has 1,100 study places with 650 computer workstations. The rear group study rooms, single study rooms and a café study area. Access to all University on-line services as well as printing and photocopying is provided. The rear books and journal collections specifically for Business, Humanities and Education.
8. Club de Havilland - Club de Havilland Club provides a members bar and a range of pub style food. All University students and staff are automatically members of the Club.
9. Sports Village outdoor facilities - Here you can view the 4 grass pitches, 2 New Generation artificial pitches and sand dressed Astroturf pitch, all floodlit. To the right are the changing facilities for players and officials.
Due to extensive building works, the self-guided tours on our College Lane Campus are currently closed.
A substantial campus development programme is taking place to deliver new state-of-the-art facilities for students, staff and visitors to College Lane Campus.
If you would like to take a look around, a series of guided campus tours led by our student ambassadors are available.
You can also attend one of our University open days for a chance to take a look around our College Lane Campus.
(The College Lane self-guided walk is temporarily suspended due to building works.)