Join our community of practice to get inspired and connected with innovative entrepreneurs in the early stages of their business.
Innovative space, creative support
On your own, you have taken the first steps. You’ve started your business. You’re full of ambition. Now it’s time to take it to the next level...
Being a member of the University of Hertfordshire’s Business Incubator gives you access to hundreds of academic experts and their evolving research, as well as seminars, mentors, networking events, business directories and marketing through our website. In short, everything you need to support you and your business.
Working in this unique environment organically fosters creative connections, sparks exciting possibilities and unlocks new opportunities for growth and innovation. Business Incubator gives you membership of the University with the ambition to be the UK’s leading business facing educational institution and access to all of the resources you need to succeed.
As part of our community you will have access to:
Flexible inspiring workspaces
Business incubation is an open-working concept. Rather than being tied down to the same desk, staring at the same four walls, you can work in any of our fantastic contemporary open spaces on either of our two campuses. You’ll have the flexibility to come and go as you please and move around or network in a vibrant environment.
Community of Practice
We believe a better business evolves through the combined accomplishments of creative, committed and compassionate individuals focused on a common purpose.
The Business Incubator offers you a unique ecosystem of resources, inspiration and collaboration opportunities to grow your venture.
Community of practice cannot happen in isolation. It requires collective action in order to shape each other’s businesses and tackle the problems that all small businesses face.
Access for members
Being accepted onto the Business Incubator allows members access to:
- all the benefits of the community of practice in return for a commitment to the initiative and a monthly fee of £60
- free WiFi
- meeting rooms (subject to availability)
- postal business mailing address
- Learning Resource Centres and a full online learning suite facility
- Hertfordshire Business Academy - a thriving network and membership group for individuals, business owners and organisations, offering connections and collaborative opportunities with over 250 academic/business experts
- printing and photocopying (at low student rates)
- mentors, events, academic expertise and more
* Parking permits required and application made on acceptance. Restrictions apply.
Please email us directly or call +44 (0)1707 286406 to find out more.
Membership is allocated to a limited number of businesses. Admission to the Business Incubator is by application and a decision is made by the selection committee led by the Pro Vice-Chancellor Business & International Development. To be admitted to the Business Incubator please see application criteria.
Apply for membership for a 12-month residency in the UH Business Incubator for your Start-Up for £60 per month.
You need to:
- have registered your business (company registration number is a pre-requisite) or have registered as a sole trader with HMRC
- have been a trading for less than 12 months
- evidence of trading activity, (sales invoices, trade history etc.)
- have a growth potential and/or a scalable business proposition
- be committed to working on the growth of your business in our business incubator.
attend and actively participate in fortnightly incubation meet ups
We recognise that you may have a business that may indeed just be starting up and on the verge of trading without having any formal sales, if so please get in touch to discuss if you might be eligible.
2. If your application is successful, you’ll be invited to an interview.
3. If your interview is successful, you will be invited to attend a 1 day induction and we will look forward to welcoming you to the University of Hertfordshire.